After completing the certification process, we can now announce our course changes for this year. Due to construction, we’ve had to make small adjustments in the first five miles and in miles 11-18.
Start to Mile 5 (full and half marathon)
- The start line will move a couple hundred feet west. It will still be in the block of Mehring Way between Central Ave. and Elm St. as it always has been.
- When you enter Newport over the Taylor Southgate Bridge, you’ll turn left off the bridge onto Third St. Two blocks later, a right onto Saratoga St. for one block and then another right onto 4th and we’re heading into Covington as in the past.
- Upon entering back into Cincinnati from Covington, you’ll turn left off the Clay Wade Bailey Bridge as we have in the past. At the first intersection following that, you’ll turn right onto Gest St. and then bear right on to 7th to continue through downtown.
Miles 11-18 (Full Marathon)
- On Erie Ave., after passing through Hyde Park Square, you’ll continue straight on Erie Ave. past Paxton Ave. and into East Hyde Park where we have re-joined Erie Ave. in the past.
- At the bottom of the hill on Erie Ave., just past the halfway point, you’ll turn right onto Murray Rd. and go just pass the traffic triangle before turning around and heading back to Erie Ave.
- We’ll be on the Fairfax Bike Trail two blocks longer turning left off of it at Germania St., then bearing left Bancroft St. and then back right onto Watterson Rd.
We will be dedicating extra volunteers and resources to make sure these changes are clearly marked. Both construction projects that necessitated these changes are scheduled to be completed before the 2018 Flying Pig Marathon and we anticipate that these will be temporary detours. Thank you for your patience as we have worked through these changes.