The Flying Pig Marathon is committed to inspiring a passion for health and wellness in the youth of Greater Cincinnati. Beyond that, we realize the importance of education and community service. These basic principles have encouraged us to create a scholarship for high school students in the Greater Cincinnati area who are pursuing post secondary education.
A $1,500 scholarship will be awarded to one male and one female high school student who are members of their high school’s cross country or track & field team. They must exemplify our mission of giving back to the community while also showcasing a passion for running. The core values we will be looking for in an applicant are dedication, teamwork, and service to their school and community. If you are a high school student of this caliber, then we encourage you to apply.
The following is a list of requirements in order to be considered for the 2017 scholarship. Your application will not be considered if it is found that all requirements are not met.
- Must be enrolled as a high school junior or senior
- Must participate on a high school Cross Country or Track & Field team
- Must have at least a cumulative 2.7 GPA
- Must submit 1 recommendation letter
- This must be from a school staff member including a teacher, coach, principal, athletic director or counselor
- All recommendations must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must be enrolled and attend high school in the Greater Cincinnati area. Students from only the following counties are eligible to receive this scholarship:
- Ohio: Butler, Clermont, Hamilton, Warren
- Kentucky: Boone, Bracken, Campbell, Gallatin, Grant, Kenton, Pendleton
- Indiana: Dearborn, Franklin, Ohio, Switzerland, Union
All applications must be submitted by April 10, 2017. A separate reference letter must also be submitted via email to email@example.com by that date.
Winners of the Flying Pig High School Scholarship will be announced before our 5K race on Saturday, May 6, 2017 at 10am. All applicants will be notified before this date.
We encourage all applicants to register for the Tri-State Running Company 5K and will offer special discounted pricing to high school students. For more information on discounted 5K registrations, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.