|Cincinnati Flying Pig Half Marathon
The Flying Pig Half Marathon 6:30 a.m. start,
Sunday, May 4, 2014
Getting Around on Flying Pig Weekend
Minimum age to participate on race day (
Sunday, May 4, 2014
) is 14 years for the Flying Pig Half Marathon.
The half marathon will start at 6:30 a.m. on
Sunday, May 4, 2014
, at the same time as the full marathon field. The two groups will run together for approximately nine miles, when the half marathon field will turn back toward downtown and end at the Marathon finish line along Yeatman's Cove.
Walkers are welcome in the half marathon.
Runner Amenities All preregistered Half Marathon participants will receive a commemorative moisture-wicking t-shirt, limited edition poster, goodie bag, and a "special gift." All Half Marathon finishers will receive a finisher's medal, a mylar blanket, and Finish-area refreshments. Finisher's certificates will be available here for downloading after the race.
Complimentary massage services are offered to participants at the Post Race Victory Party by the following licensed therapists:
Registration and packet pickup will be held
Friday, May 2, 2014
from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. and
Saturday, May 3, 2014
from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the
P&G Health & Fitness Expo
located at the
Duke Energy Center, 525 Elm Street, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Coordinating Volunteer:
Ms. Lee Caldwell, LMT • email@example.com
Active Balance Sport & Therapeutic Massage • 513-257-5952
- Jennifer Larson, LMT • 513-382-2587
- Mark Chisenhall, LMT • 859-630-0984
- Michelle St. Claire, LMT • 513-659-5959
- Catherine Tellez, LMT • 513-378-6613
- Dani Bates, LMT • 513-252-6787
The LORD’S GYM Pump N’ Run Half Marathon (PNRHALF).
Total Fitness Experience” offered to all Half Marathon participants, which uniquely combines weight lifting and running skills. An athlete will bench press a percentage of their body weight based upon age and gender, and will earn a 2 minute reduction off their run-time for each bench press repetition. Participant will have the same running experience as their other Half Marathon peers, but will now be able to compete for additional cross training awards! For details of the PNR events offered at the Flying PIG, link here... EVENT INFORMATION
Pump N’ Run Half Registration
: If you have not signed up for the run, you can do a single registration by selecting the Pump N’ Run Half Marathon. If you have already signed up for the run, and would like to add the Pump N’ Run as an option, then a second registration is required. Register here.
Cancellation Policy for the Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon
Entry fees are non-refundable; race numbers and entries cannot be transferred to another year or person. No exceptions. This means once we have received your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, or if the event is cancelled because of weather, natural disaster or other unforeseen circumstances.
RSO - means use right side only as runners flow around the course.
SS means all southside lanes etc.
ALL means all of street.
- Start west of Elm on Mehring Way - ALL
- East on Mehring Way - ALL
- North on Main Street - ALL
- East on Third Street - ALL
- South on Broadway - ALL
- Continue straight onto Taylor-Southgate Bridge into Newport - ALL
- Go straight onto York into Newport -ALL
- West on 4th Street - ALL
- 4th Street runs onto the Licking River Bridge - All
- Continue on 4th Street into Covington - ALL
- North on Clay Wade Bailey Bridge towards Cincinnati- ALL
- Left on Third Street in Cincinnati - ALL
- Third Street becomes Linn St. at Gest St. - ALL
- Continue on Linn Street - ALL
- Right on 8th Street - ALL
- Take the 7th Street Exit - ALL
- Continue on 7th Street - ALL
- At the end of 7th Street go straight onto the Gilbert Ave. ramp - ALL
- Continue on Gilbert - ALL
- Right on Eden Park Drive - ALL
- Take left fork at Mirror Lake - ALL
- Follow Eden Park Drive around Mirror Lake - Eden Park Drive makes a right turn at the Gazebo and follows past the Krohn Conservatory - ALL
- Right on Lakes Dr. into Eden Park Overlook - ALL
- Right coming out of Lakes Dr. (Eden Park Overlook) back onto Eden Park Drive - ALL
- Eden Park Drive becomes Victory Parkway as it makes a right turn - RSO
- Follow Victory Parkway - RSO
- Right on McMillan - ALL
- Left on Woodburn - ALL - at William Howard Taft - RSO
- Left on Madison -WS
- Madison becomes Martin Luther King WS
- Left on Gilbert - ES
- Left on Sinton Ave.
- Right on Nassau St.
- Left back onto Gilbert
- At Eden Park Drive switch to WS
- Right on Elsinore - ALL
- Left on Reading -ES
- Reading becomes Central Parkway at Short Reading - ALL
- Turn around on Central Parkway at the Walnut St. intersection - ALL
- Return going east on south side of Central Parkway ALL
- Right on Eggleston - WS
- Right on Pete Rose Way- SS to Finish at US Bank Arena.