Venue Recycling Program Manager
The Flying Pig Marathon is seeking college students to be Venue Recycling Program Managers to assist the Flying Pig Sustainability Coordinator in the management of The Flying Pig Marathon event recycling. The Flying Pig Marathon strives to be a good steward of our environment and in 2019, with the assistance of Green Teams and Venue Recycling Program Managers, we diverted 72.6% of our event waste from the landfill.
Candidates need to meet the following criteria:
- Have an interest in sustainability.
- Able to direct a group of volunteers on sustainable procedures.
- Available for planning meetings from September to April.
- Available to work a minimum of 40 hours during race week.
- Available at least one day the week after the event.
- Available to help with the Sustainability Report (remotely) after the event.
- Bimonthly meetings 3 months before the race and weekly meetings during the month before the race.
- Meeting with the contact person of volunteer groups to explain recycling/composting procedures.
- Design and set up of the Green Zone at the P&G Health and Fitness.
- Flexible working hours
- Accept change and last-minute needs or decisions.
- Understanding that all duties are important.
- Team-oriented workforce
Compensation: All positions will receive a monthly stipend, an amount to be determined.
Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon
Alex Román: Sustainability Coordinator
644 Linn Street, Suite 802
Cincinnati, OH 45203