About the Flying Pig Marathon Scholarship
The Flying Pig Marathon is committed to inspiring a passion for health and wellness in the youth of Greater Cincinnati. Beyond that, we realize the importance of education and community service. These basic principles have encouraged us to create a scholarship for high school students in the Greater Cincinnati area who are pursuing post secondary education.
A $1,500 scholarship will be awarded to one male and one female high school student who are members of their high school’s cross country or track & field team. They must exemplify our mission of giving back to the community while also showcasing a passion for running. The core values we will be looking for in an applicant are dedication, teamwork, and service to their school and community. If you are a high school student of this caliber, then we encourage you to apply.
Congratulations to our 2018 Flying Pig HS Scholarship Winners!
MALES: Micah Fields & Benjamin Spratt
FEMALES: Alexandra Hausfeld & Erica Langan
This year, the Flying Pig Marathon has increased the number of high school scholarships it awards each spring from two to four and increased the scholarship money awarded from $1,500 each to $2,500 each.
The scholarships, funded by the Coughlin Family Foundation, Fleet Feet Sports and Skyline Chili, are awarded annually to two male and two female high school students who are members of their high school’s cross country or track and field teams. Applicants must be a high school junior or senior, have at least a 2.7 GPA, submit a recommendation letter and be a student in a Greater Cincinnati or Northern Kentucky school. Applications have closed for this year, but will re-open for the 2018-2019 school year.
The following is a list of requirements in order to be considered for the 2018 scholarship. Your application will not be considered if it is found that all requirements are not met.
- Must be enrolled as a high school junior or senior
- Must participate on a high school Cross Country or Track & Field team
- Must have at least a cumulative 2.7 GPA
- Must submit 1 recommendation letter
- This must be from a school staff member including a teacher, coach, principal, athletic director or counselor
- All recommendations must be sent via email to email@example.com
- You must be enrolled and attend high school in the Greater Cincinnati area. Students from only the following counties are eligible to receive this scholarship:
- Ohio: Butler, Clermont, Hamilton, Warren
- Kentucky: Boone, Bracken, Campbell, Gallatin, Grant, Kenton, Pendleton
- Indiana: Dearborn, Franklin, Ohio, Switzerland, Union
The 2019 Flying Pig HS Scholarship Application will open in January 2019!
Deadline: April 1, 2019
A separate reference letter must also be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by that date.
Winners of the Flying Pig High School Scholarship will be announced before our 5K race on Saturday, May 4, 2019 at 10am and will also receive a $100 Skyline Chili gift card! All applicants will be notified before this date. Scholarship funds will be awarded directly to the bursar office at the college or university of your choice.
We encourage all applicants to register for the Tri-State Running Company 5K and will offer special discounted pricing to high school students. For more information on discounted 5K registrations, please contact us at email@example.com.