The Flying Pig Marathon Charity Program provides three (3) avenues for charities to utilize the Flying Pig events as a fundraiser – Charity Partner Team, Volunteering and Piggest Raffle Ever. Over the last 25 years, the Flying Piganthropy program has helped participating charities to collectively raise over $17 million.
CHARITY PARTNER TEAMS
This is the traditional method of having participants “run/walk for the cause”. Participants can use all of the Flying Pig weekend events to collect pledges, solicit sponsors, build teams and challenges, etc. 100% of funds raised by the participants go directly to the charity.
- 15% or 25% registration discount for your participant fundraisers at the time they register for their Flying Pig event. Please note: Beginning in 2025 organizations will receive a 25% discount code if they raised $5,000 in the prior year and all others will receive a 15% discount code.
- Complimentary online team fundraising page through Race Roster which allows donations to come directly to your organization and allows for your fundraisers to connect directly to your team’s page. You may use your own fundraising platform to collect donations.
- Complimentary 10×10 booth space for both Saturday and Sunday at the Flying Pig Post Race Party. (Includes a festival booth, table, and 2 chairs if needed)
- Official Charity recognition on the Flying Pig website and use of the Flying Pig Marathon logo.
- 50% discount on a 10×10 booth space at the Health and Fitness Expo.
- Register as a Charity Partner Team by March 1, 2024. To register, please use the Race Roster Portal if you would like to use the complimentary fundraising page or email your contact information to Joel Barnhill at email@example.com, if you plan to use your own fundraising platform.
- Provide proof of non-profit status (i.e. IRS letter or certificate of tax exemption).
- Provide a follow-up report by June 1, 2024, detailing how much the organization raised through the Flying Pig Marathon events.
VOLUNTEER LEVEL (GRUNTS)
Volunteer groups representing charities provide all of our events with much-needed and critical operating assistance. Volunteers must be at least 14 years of age, volunteers receive a collector t-shirt, and the groups will be assigned a job at which the entire charity group will work the same duty, same general location, and same time. In appreciation of the volunteers’ efforts, the Flying Pig will make a direct donation to the charity. For information regarding the Volunteer Level, please visit our volunteer page.
RAFFLE LEVEL (PIGGEST RAFFLE EVER)
This level of charity participation is probably the easiest manner of involvement but requires the charity to continually and consistently promote their participation in the Piggest Raffle Ever. Charities wishing to participate in the Piggest Raffle Ever must fill out and send in an application. The Pig Staff will then post the charity’s name in a drop-down menu at the secure website piggestraffleever.com. The charity must then promote the website and ask their constituents to go there and raffle tickets on their behalf. Raffle tickets cost $5 each and 100% of that money goes in the form of a donation back to the charity. The person buying the raffle tickets has a chance to win some fabulous prizes! Other options for selling tickets are also available. Charities may also sell paper tickets or eTickets from a mobile device. Please contact Director of Charities, Joel Barnhill (firstname.lastname@example.org), if interested in one of these two options. Participating charities will also be recognized on the Flying Pig website.
Fill out the application (coming soon) by March 31, 2024.