About The Flying Pig Marathon Scholarship
The Flying Pig Marathon is committed to inspiring a passion for health and wellness in the youth of Greater Cincinnati. Beyond that, we realize the importance of education and community service. These basic principles have encouraged us to create a scholarship for high school students in the Greater Cincinnati area who are pursuing post secondary education.
Thanks to the Coughlin Family and Skyline Chili, $5,000 scholarships will be awarded to 5 male and 5 female high school students who are members of their high school’s cross country or track & field team! They must exemplify our mission of giving back to the community while also showcasing a passion for running. The core values we’ll be looking for in an applicant are dedication, teamwork, and service to their school and community. If you are a high school student of this caliber, then we encourage you to apply.
The following is a list of requirements in order to be considered for the 2023 scholarship. Your application will not be considered if it is found that all requirements are not met.
- Must be enrolled as a high school senior
- Must participate on a high school Cross Country or Track & Field team
- Must have at least a cumulative 2.7 GPA
- Must submit 1 recommendation letter
- This must be from a school staff member including a teacher, coach, principal, athletic director or community leader
- All recommendations must be sent via email to email@example.com
- Must submit an essay response via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in a Word document or PDF file.
- You must be enrolled and attend high school in the Greater Cincinnati area. Students from only the following counties are eligible to receive this scholarship:
- Ohio: Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton, Warren
- Kentucky: Boone, Bracken, Campbell, Gallatin, Grant, Kenton, Pendleton
- Indiana: Dearborn, Franklin, Ohio, Switzerland, Union
Apply For The 2023 Flying Pig HS Scholarship
The 2023 application is now closed. Please check back for 2024 information.
DEADLINE: MARCH 15, 2023
A separate recommendation letter and essay must also be submitted via email to email@example.com by this date.
Flying Pig Community Scholarship winners will be announced in April and an award ceremony will be held with more information to follow. All winners will also receive an $100 Skyline Chili gift card! Scholarship funds will be awarded directly to the bursar office at the college or university of your choice.
As we continue our commitment to empower youth runners, we will have special opportunities for high school athletes during Flying Pig Marathon Weekend including group discounts for Flying Pig events and more! For more information on discounted registrations and other opportunities, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.