Registration is open for the spring and fall 2021 virtual events. Fall virtual registrants will have the first option to switch to the in-person events upon approval.
At this time, all virtual Flying Pig participants can expect to receive their items via mail. We will begin mailing Spring virtual premiums in June. We expect to mail Fall virtual premiums in November. Please note: international participants may experience additional mailing delays due to customs.
If an in-person event and expo is able to be held, Packet Pickup will be held at the P&G Health & Fitness Expo located in the Duke Energy Convention Center.
Packet pickup will also be available on on-site race morning (details TBD).
|Friday - October 29, 2021||Saturday On Site - beginning at 6:30 AM|
|tbd||Expo packet pick-up not available on Saturday|
- Start on Mehring Way between Elm St. and Central Ave.
- Head west on Mehring Way (all)
- Right on Central
- Right on E. 3rd St. (all until Central Ave. After that, southernmost 3 lanes)
- Left on Broadway (east side only)
- Right on 4th St. (southernmost 2 lanes)
- Right on Pike St. (all)
- Left on E. Third (all)
- Left on Culvert (all)
- Right on Reedy (all)
- Right on Eggleston (west side only)
- Right on E. Pete Rose Way (all)
- Turn left onto Mehring Way (all)
- Finish on Mehring Way at first crosswalk west of Roebling Bridge overpass near Anderson Pavilion/Carousel
- Water and restrooms will be available at Mile 1.5
Based upon runner feedback and with a goal to improve the race day experience for all participants, the Flying Pig has instituted corrals, or “Pig Pens” for the 5K. Corral assignments will be based on expected finish time, and will be included on your bib*.
Please allow extra time to find and position yourself in the correct Pig Pen. Late arriving participants will not be guaranteed placement in their correct Pig Pen.
- If you need to change your assigned corral, please visit the “Corral Assignment” booth near the Registration area at the P&G Health and Fitness on Friday or on-site on Saturday morning before the race.
All registered participants will receive a shirt, limited-edition poster, and virtual goodie bag.
All 5K finishers will receive a finisher’s medal, mylar blanket, and Finish-area refreshments. Finisher’s certificates will be available to download after the race.
Baggage claim is not available for Saturday events.
Overall prizes will be awarded to the top three men and women, determined by gun time.
Age group prizes will be given to the top three finishers in the following categories for men and women:
- 9 and under, 10-11, 12-14, 15-17, 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90+.
Age group award times will be determined by chip time. Overall winners are not eligible for age group awards.