- No refunds are permitted.
- Participants may switch race distances. Switches can be made by contacting email@example.com. There is a $10 switching fee plus any applicable entry fee difference.
- Participants may transfer their registration to someone else by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a $20 transfer fee to transfer your registration to another person and the new participant will be charged this fee during the transfer process. Any other payment, reimbursement, or exchange of funds associated with a transferred entry must take place between the two individuals involved. Pig Works does not facilitate the payment between two parties.
- The transfer/switch deadline is April 21st, 2023 at 12pm EST pending the desired race is not sold out. To initiate a transfer, click here.
- We are not offering deferrals for any 2023 registrants. All 2020 deferral codes expire after 2023 registration closes or when your event sells out, pending whichever comes first.
- We do not offer race day packet pick-up for the Full Marathon, Half Marathon, or 4-Person Open Relay, and race packets cannot be mailed prior to the race.
- Participants unable to pick up their own race packet may have someone else pick up their packet for them. The person picking up your packet must have a filled-out copy of the Packet Pickup Authorization Form and a copy of your photo ID to be shown to our volunteers handing out race packets.
- Wheelchair entrants must wear helmets at all times. Due to logistical and safety issues, we are not currently able to accommodate hand-crank chairs.
- Updated ages have been established for our events. Participants must be 18 years of age on race day to participate in the Marathon, 14 years of age on race day to participate in the Half Marathon, and 12 years of age on race day to participate in the 10K/Relay/14K. There is no age requirement for distances less than 10K.
- These requirements apply to all Flying Pig Marathon and Pig Works events.
- Age requirements will continue to be reviewed and are subject to change.
- Waivers for participation in the half marathon and marathon distances will be considered for those 12 years and older on race day. Waivers for participation in the 10K/Relay/14K will be considered for all ages. Waivers will be considered upon:
- provide parental approval
- provide primary care physician approval and allow Pig Works medical staff to discuss participation with primary care physician
- meet in-person or via phone with Pig Works medical staff
- have a guide to participate with them throughout the duration of the event and/or provide a personal emergency action plan for race day contacts
No waivers will be considered less than 30 days prior to race date and all waivers are subject to the discretion of the Pig Works board, staff and medical team.
Waiver procedures will be reviewed and updated annually.
To apply for a waiver, please email email@example.com.