The half marathon starts with the full marathon and relay field and goes through Cincinnati, Newport and Covington. The two groups will run together for approximately nine miles, then the half marathon field will turn back toward downtown and end at the Marathon finish line.
RSO – means use right side only as runners flow around the course.
SS – means all southside lanes etc.
ALL – means all of street.
- Start west of Elm on Mehring Way – ALL
- East on Mehring Way – ALL
- North on Main Street – ALL
- East on Third Street – ALL
- South on Broadway – ALL
- Continue straight onto Taylor-Southgate Bridge into Newport – ALL
- Go straight onto York into Newport -ALL
- West on 4th Street – ALL
- 4th Street runs onto the Licking River Bridge – All
- Continue on 4th Street into Covington – ALL
- North on Clay Wade Bailey Bridge towards Cincinnati- ALL
- Left on Third Street in Cincinnati – ALL
- Third Street becomes Linn St. at Gest St. – ALL
- Continue on Linn Street – ALL
- Right on 8th Street – ALL
- Take the 7th Street Exit – ALL
- Continue on 7th Street – ALL
- At the end of 7th Street go straight onto the Gilbert Ave. ramp – ALL
- Continue on Gilbert – ALL
- Right on Eden Park Drive – ALL
- Take left fork at Mirror Lake – ALL
- Follow Eden Park Drive around Mirror Lake – Eden Park Drive makes a right turn at the Gazebo and follows past the Krohn Conservatory – ALL
- Right on Lakes Dr. into Eden Park Overlook – ALL
- Right coming out of Lakes Dr. (Eden Park Overlook) back onto Eden Park Drive – ALL
- Eden Park Drive becomes Victory Parkway as it makes a right turn – RSO
- Follow Victory Parkway – RSO
- Right on McMillan – ALL
- Left on Woodburn – ALL – at William Howard Taft – RSO
- Left on Madison -WS
- Madison becomes Martin Luther King WS
- Left on Gilbert – ES
- Left on Sinton Ave.
- Right on Nassau St.
- Left back onto Gilbert
- At Eden Park Drive switch to WS
- Right on Elsinore – ALL
- Left on Reading -ES
- Reading becomes Central Parkway at Short Reading – ALL
- Turn around on Central Parkway at the Walnut St. intersection – ALL
- Return going east on south side of Central Parkway ALL
- Right on Eggleston – WS
- Right on Pete Rose Way- SS to Finish at US Bank Arena.
The course will close on a continuous pace of 16:00 minutes per mile. Anyone who cannot maintain the 16:00 minute per mile pace must move to the sidewalk as the course closes to allow regular traffic through. Participant services cannot be guaranteed for participants beyond the 16:00 minute per mile pace.
- Minimum age for Half Marathon: 14 years old on May 3, 2015