2024 Flying Pig Community Scholars Application is Open!
The Flying Pig Marathon is committed to inspiring a passion for health and wellness in the youth of Greater Cincinnati. Beyond that, we realize the importance of education and community service. These basic principles have encouraged us to create a scholarship for high school students in the Greater Cincinnati area who are pursuing post secondary education.
Thanks to the Coughlin Family and Skyline Chili, $5,000 scholarships will be awarded to 12 high school students who are members of their high school’s cross country or track & field team! They must exemplify our mission of giving back to the community while also showcasing a passion for running. The core values we’ll be looking for in an applicant are dedication, teamwork, and service to their school and community. If you are a high school student of this caliber, then we encourage you to apply.
The following is a list of requirements in order to be considered for the scholarship. Your application will not be considered if it is found that all requirements are not met.
- Must be enrolled as a high school senior
- Must participate on a high school Cross Country or Track & Field team
- Must have at least a cumulative 2.5 GPA
- Must submit 1 recommendation letter
- This must be from a school staff member including a teacher, coach, principal, athletic director or community leader
- Must submit an essay response at the application link below
- You must be enrolled and attend high school in the Greater Cincinnati area. Students from only the following counties are eligible to receive this scholarship:
- Ohio: Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton, Warren
- Kentucky: Boone, Bracken, Campbell, Gallatin, Grant, Kenton, Pendleton
- Indiana: Dearborn, Franklin, Ohio, Switzerland, Union
Application deadline is March 3, 2024.