- No refunds are permitted.
- No deferrals are permitted.
- Participants may switch race distances by clicking here. There is a $10 switching fee plus any applicable entry fee difference. If you registered using a deferral or promo code, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the switch request. The deadline to switch is Friday, September 23rd @ 12pm (noon).
- Participants may transfer their registration to someone else by clicking here. There is a $20 transfer fee to transfer your registration to another person, and the new participant will be charged this fee during the transfer process. Any other payment, reimbursement, or exchange of funds associated with a transferred entry must occur between the two individuals involved. Pig Works does not facilitate the payment between two parties. If you registered using a deferral or promo code, please contact email@example.com for assistance in completing your transfer. The deadline to transfer is Friday, September 23rd @ 12pm (noon).
- If you registered for 2022 with a deferral code from 2020 and would like to move your registration to 2023, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- We do not offer race day packet pick-up for the Half Marathon or 4 Miler, and race packets cannot be mailed before the race.
- Participants unable to pick up their race packet may have someone else pick up their packet for them. The person picking up your packet must have a filled-out copy of the Packet Pickup Authorization Form and a copy of your photo ID to be shown to our volunteers handing out race packets.
- Wheelchair entrants must wear helmets at all times. Due to logistical and safety issues, we are not currently able to accommodate hand-crank chairs.
- Want to personalize your bib? Register by Friday, August 24 at noon. Any changes to your registration after this date, including transfers or switches, will result in losing your bib personalization. To make changes before the deadline, email email@example.com.
- Online registration will close on Wednesday, October 5 at 11:59pm unless the race sells out prior to this date. Registration will be available at the expo on Friday, October 7 pending that spaces are still available.
Queen Bee Half Marathon Weekend
- Weekend Overview
- Full Schedule
- All Events
- Pace Chart
- Policies & FAQs
- Participant Tracking
- Gear/Baggage Check
- "Hive" Start Corrals
- Marathon Moment
- Previous Results
We will present awards for the top three females in the half marathon and 4 Miler race. We will also have female age group awards for both distances. Overall and age group awards will not be offered to male participants.
The Queen Bee Expo will be held on Friday, October 7 from 11am-8pm at the Duke Energy Convention Center in downtown Cincinnati.
You will be requested to pace at an 18-minute mile. The streets along the course will incrementally reopen to traffic as the field advances.
We’d love to have volunteers! Click here for volunteer information.
Participants unable to pick up their own race packet may have someone else pick up their packet for them. Fill out the Packet Pick-up Authorization Form and give it to the person picking up your packet. They will take the completed form and a copy of your photo ID to the expo and give it to the volunteer handing out race packets.
Half marathon participants must be at least 14 years of age on race day.
Yes, your team captain will register first and will sign up with your team name. The team name will then be added to our list of teams within registration for other members to choose when they register. Packets will not be grouped together, and will need to be picked up individually.
Participants may transfer their registration to someone else by clicking here. There is a $20 transfer fee to transfer your registration to another person, and the new participant will be charged this fee during the transfer process. Any other payment, reimbursement, or exchange of funds associated with a transferred entry must occur between the two individuals involved. Pig Works does not facilitate the payment between two parties. If you registered using a deferral or promo code, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in completing your transfer. The deadline to transfer is Friday, September 23rd @ 12pm (noon).
Participants may switch race distances by clicking here. There is a $10 switching fee plus any applicable entry fee difference. If you registered using a deferral or promo code, please contact email@example.com to complete the switch request. The deadline to switch is Friday, September 23rd @ 12pm (noon).
We will allow strollers on our 4-Mile course but ask that you start towards the back. No strollers will be allowed on the Half Marathon course.
Yes! This year the Bee-U-Tique Expo will be held in Hall B of the Duke Energy Convention Center and will be open to all ages.
Walkers are always welcome in all Queen Bee events and will be requested to maintain an 18-minute mile pace.
While this is a female-themed race, men are welcome to join in the fun of this event. We will have men’s shirts available, but the swag will be female-themed.
A race deferral is the process of transferring your registration from the current year to the following year.
No – You must register using your deferral code. You will also need to sign the new waiver.
Your deferral code will go in the “Promo Code” box near the bottom of the online registration form.
Your deferral code is only eligible on the event you were originally registered for.
No – Your deferral code must be used on the Queen Bee event you were originally registered for.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with switching events within Queen Bee weekend.
There is a $10 switching fee to change your race distance and if you are increasing your race distance, you will be required to pay the difference in race price as well.
You are NOT guaranteed a spot if the event sells out unless you are registered, so please register as soon as possible.
Yes – But you are not guaranteed a spot until you are registered. If you wait to use your deferral code to register on-site during race weekend, your event may be sold out at that time.
Your 2020 deferral code will expire once registration closes for the 2023 event unless you used it to participate in 2021 or 2022.
Your deferral code was sent via email in October of 2020 and again in January of 2021 to the email address listed on your original 2020 registration. If you are unable to locate your code, please email email@example.com for assistance.
Virtual Event FAQs
A virtual event allows participants to complete the race on their own. You will run or walk the race distance at your own pace and at a time and location of your choosing. You choose your own race day and your own starting line, whether it’s a treadmill, a park or your neighborhood street. This option will allow those, who want to invest heavily in their training and want to be part of Queen Bee Weekend despite where you live, to be rewarded for their efforts with the shirt and medal from their respective race.
We suggest completing the race between October 1 and October 16, 2022.
Participants will be choosing their own route for the virtual event. It would be unsafe for us to provide a route that all could use at any specific time. Additionally, the geographic nature of our participants being all over the country/world makes that difficult.
WE SPECIFICALLY ASK THAT YOU DO NOT USE ANY OF OUR RACE DAY ROUTES AS THESE ARE NOT PEDESTRIAN SAFE WITHOUT THE USUAL STREET CLOSURES AND POLICE ASSISTANCE WITH TRAFFIC. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT A GROUP RUN ON RACE WEEKEND.
We’re going to be on the honor system for completing the event. However, we ask that participants upload their finish time so we have a results page. You will have the option to upload your results manually or through the ASICS Runkeeper App.
After virtual final instructions are sent, you will receive a separate email on how to merge your race(s) from your Race Roster account to your Runkeeper profile. You will then select “Start Virtual Run” and follow the prompts to record your participation. Once recorded, your results will post automatically to Race Roster.
You will receive a shirt and medal for the event(s) you completed virtually. Please note that the estimated shipping time may take longer for participants living outside the U.S.
Downloadable race bibs, commemorative poster and finisher certificates will be available.
All Queen Bee Half Marathon participants will receive a premium Queen Bee bag. You will not have to pay any additional fees for having this item mailed to you.
As everyone will be on the honor system and submitting their own finish times, we will not be offering awards for the virtual event.
Training is being offered by all of our official running partners. Some programs are being offered in person, while others are being offered virtually. Click the links below to explore all your options, including those from our official training partner, Fleet Feet: