The Flying Pig Half Marathon will be offered as an in-person and virtual event this fall. We are working on approvals related to the start times and courses with multiple municipal, city and event partners. Should anything change, and as additional details are finalized, we will communicate those to our participants.
Virtual participants: Virtual Flying Pig participants can expect to receive their items via mail to the address included on their registration. We will begin mailing Spring virtual premiums in June and expect to mail Fall virtual premiums in November. Please note: international participants may experience additional mailing delays due to customs.
If an in-person event and expo is able to be held, Packet Pickup will be held at the P&G Health & Fitness Expo located in the Duke Energy Convention Center.
|Friday - October 29, 2021||Saturday - October 30, 2021|
2021 Course information coming soon!
The half marathon starts with the full marathon and relay field and goes through Cincinnati, Newport and Covington. The two groups will run together for approximately nine miles, then the half marathon field will turn back toward downtown and end at the Marathon finish line.
RSO – means use right side only as runners flow around the course.
SS – means all southside lanes etc.
ALL – means all of street.
- Start near intersection of Elm St. and W. Freedom Way – ALL
- Head north on Elm St. – ALL
- Turn right onto 2nd Street – ALL
- Continue down the LL Ramp – ALL
- Left on to E. Pete Rose Way
- Turn right the Taylor Southgate Bridge into Kentucky – ALL
- Turn left off the Taylor Southgate Bridge to 3rd St. – ALL
- Turn right on to Monmouth
- Turn right onto 5th Street (continue over the Memorial Bridge into Covington) – ALL
- Turn right onto the Clay Wade Bailey Bridge – ALL
- Turn left onto 3rd Street – ALL
- Turn right onto Gest St. – RSO
- Bear right onto the 7th Street Viaduct – ALL
- Continue on 7th Street – ALL
- Continue onto Gilbert Avenue – RSO
- Turn right onto Eden Park Drive – ALL
- Enter the traffic circle and take first right to continue onto Eden Park Drive – ALL
- Turn right onto Lakes Drive – ALL
- Turn right onto Eden Park Drive – RSO
- Turn right onto Victory Parkway – RSO
- Turn right onto East McMillan Street – ALL
- Turn left onto Woodburn Avenue – ALL
- Turn left onto Madison Rd (turns into Dr. Martin Luther King Drive) – LSO
- Turn left onto Gilbert Avenue – LSO
- Slight left onto Sinton Avenue – ALL
- Turn right onto Nassau Street – ALL
- Turn left onto Gilbert Avenue – LSO, switch to RSO at Eden Park Drive
- Turn right onto Elsinore Place – ALL
- Turn left onto Reading Road (continue onto Central Parkway) – LSO
- U-turn at Walnut Street (Run on opposite side of Central Parkway) – ALL
- Turn right onto Eggleston Avenue – RSO
- Turn right onto E. Pete Rose Way – RSO
- Turn left onto Mehring Way – NS/RSO
- Finish on Mehring Way at first crosswalk west of Roebling Bridge overpass near Anderson Pavilion/Carousel
The course will close on a continuous pace of 16:00 minutes per mile. Anyone who cannot maintain the 16:00 minute per mile pace must move to the sidewalk as the course closes to allow regular traffic through. Participant services cannot be guaranteed for participants beyond the 16:00 minute per mile pace.
- Minimum age for Half Marathon: 14 years old on race day
All registered participants will receive a technical shirt, premium gift, limited-edition poster and virtual goodie bag.
All Half Marathon finishers will receive a finisher’s medal, mylar blanket and finish-area refreshments. Finisher’s certificates will be available to download after the race.
Overall prizes will be awarded to the top three men and women, determined by gun time.
Age Group Awards
Age group prizes will be given to the top three finishers in the following categories for men and women:
- 14-17, 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90+.
Age group award times will be determined by chip time. Overall winners are not eligible for age group awards.