The half marathon starts with the full marathon and relay field and goes through Cincinnati, Newport, and Covington. The two groups will run together for approximately nine miles; then, the half marathon field will turn back toward downtown and end at the Marathon finish line.
RSO – means use right side only as runners flow around the course.
SS – means all southside lanes etc.
ALL – means all of street.
- Start near intersection of Elm St. and W. Freedom Way – ALL
- Head north on Elm St. – ALL
- Turn right onto 2nd Street – ALL
- Continue down the LL Ramp – ALL
- Left on to E. Pete Rose Way
- Turn right the Taylor Southgate Bridge into Kentucky – ALL
- Turn left off the Taylor Southgate Bridge to 3rd St. – ALL
- Turn right on to Monmouth
- Turn right onto 5th Street (continue over the Memorial Bridge into Covington) – ALL
- Turn right onto the Clay Wade Bailey Bridge – ALL
- Turn left onto 3rd Street – ALL
- Turn right onto Gest St. – RSO
- Bear right onto the 7th Street Viaduct – ALL
- Continue on 7th Street – ALL
- Continue onto Gilbert Avenue – RSO
- Turn right onto Eden Park Drive – ALL
- Enter the traffic circle and take first right to continue onto Eden Park Drive – ALL
- Turn right onto Lakes Drive – ALL
- Turn right onto Eden Park Drive – RSO
- Turn right onto Victory Parkway – RSO
- Turn right onto East McMillan Street – ALL
- Turn left onto Woodburn Avenue – ALL
- Turn left onto Madison Rd (turns into Dr. Martin Luther King Drive) – LSO
- Turn left onto Gilbert Avenue – LSO
- Slight left onto Sinton Avenue – ALL
- Turn right onto Nassau Street – ALL
- Turn left onto Gilbert Avenue – LSO, switch to RSO at Eden Park Drive
- Turn right onto Elsinore Place – ALL
- Turn left onto Reading Road (continue onto Central Parkway) – LSO
- U-turn at Walnut Street (Run on opposite side of Central Parkway) – ALL
- Turn right onto Eggleston Avenue – RSO
- Turn right onto E. Pete Rose Way – RSO
- Turn left onto Mehring Way – NS/RSO
- Finish on Mehring Way at first crosswalk west of Roebling Bridge overpass near Anderson Pavilion/Carousel
The course will close on a continuous pace of 16:00 minutes per mile. Anyone who cannot maintain the 16:00 minute per mile pace must move to the sidewalk as the course closes to allow regular traffic through. Participant services cannot be guaranteed for participants beyond the 16:00 minute per mile pace.
- Minimum age for Half Marathon: 14 years old on race day