Virtual participants: Virtual Flying Pig participants can expect to receive their items via mail to the address included on their registration. We will begin mailing virtual premiums in mid-May. Please note: international participants may experience additional mailing delays due to customs.
Packet Pickup for the in-person event will be held at the P&G Health & Fitness Expo located in the Duke Energy Convention Center.
On-site packet pick-up will be available for Saturday events on race morning at the East Plaza level of Paul Brown Stadium beginning at 6:00 AM. **5K/10K packets AND shirts will NOT be available for pickup at the expo on Saturday.
Friday - May 5, 2023 Saturday - May 6, 2023 12:00 PM – 7:00 PM ONLY On Site – 6:30 AM
- Start on Mehring Way between Elm St. and Central Ave.
- Head west on Mehring Way (all)
- Right on Central (all)
- Left on W. Pete Rose Way (all)
- Turn right on Gest St. (all)
- Turn right on E. 3rd St. (all)
- Turn right on Clay Wade Bailey Bridge (all)
- Turn left on E. 4th St. in Covington (all)
- Follow 4th St. over the Memorial Bridge into Newport (all)
- Continue on 5th St. in Newport (all)
- Left on Saratoga (west side only)
- Left on E. 3rd St. (south side only)
- Right on to the Taylor Southgate Bridge (all)
- Continue on Broadway off the bridge (east side only)
- Right on 4th St. (southernmost 2 lanes)
- Right on Pike St. (all)
- Left on E. Third (all)
- Left on Culvert (all)
- Right on Reedy (all)
- Right on Eggleston (west side only)
- Right on E. Pete Rose Way (all)
- Turn left onto Mehring Way (all)
- Finish on Mehring Way at the first crosswalk west of Roebling Bridge overpass near Anderson Pavilion/Carousel
- Water and Gatorade will be provided at Miles 1, 2.5, 4.5, and the finish.
- Restrooms are available at the start, mile 2, mile 4.5, and the finish.
The course will close on a continuous pace of 16:00 minutes per mile. Anyone who cannot maintain the 16:00 minute per mile pace must move to the sidewalk as the course closes to allow regular traffic through. Participant services cannot be guaranteed for participants beyond the 16:00 minute per mile pace.
- Minimum age for 10K: 12 years old on race day
Based upon runner feedback and will a goal to improve the race day experience for all participants, the Flying Pig has instituted corrals, or “Pig Pens for Starting Line” for the 10K. Corral assignments will be based on the expected finish time and will be included on your bib*.
Please allow extra time to find and position yourself in the correct Pig Pen. Late arriving participants will not be guaranteed placement in their correct Pig Pen.
- If you need to change your assigned corral, please visit the “Corral Assignment” booth near the registration area at the P&G Health and Fitness Expo on Friday or on-site on Saturday morning before the race.
All registered participants will receive a shirt, limited-edition poster and virtual goodie bag.
All 10K finishers will receive a finisher’s medal, mylar blanket and finish-area refreshments. Finisher’s certificates will be available to download after the race.
- Baggage claim is not available for Saturday events.
Overall prizes will be awarded to the top three men and women, determined by gun time.
Age group prizes will be given to the top three finishers in the following categories for men and women:
- 12-17, 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90+.
Age group award times will be determined by chip time. Overall winners are not eligible for age group awards.